Thursday, April 23, 2009

Treadmill and Toothache

Today was a mixed day. I was in Telford so that meant use of the gym. I had it planned today was to be a run after Tuesday and Wednesday were cycling days. I had my pre-gym snack and killer toothache! Worse this is the same spot that after 20 years of not visiting the dentist i had 2 fillings in last year, then a root canal as the filling didn't work. I have an appointment tomorrow at 1:30 and if it follows true to form it will be another root canal. I'd better get some overtime in to cover it!

I did make it to the gym though so all was not lost. I used the treadmill today at 0% incline and managed a comfortable 5miler in 34:26. After a gentle start i did the last two miles at 6:30 mile pace with no real difficulty or problems. I wasn't wearing my heart rate monitor so the full story is not known. On that form i am going to try a 6mile/10km in sub 40 next week. I think it's acheivable.

The main thing that helped was listening a Zen and Triathlon podcast. These are available on iTunes and are brilliant! Brett is the presenter and has a great way about him. The one i was listening today was him out in the woods cycling with his 4 year old son. Sounds boring and probably was but helped me to zone out and not worry about the pace. I am a definate convert to podcasts from 5Live to the Times and all the US cycling and triathlon ones.

Anyway blog out - dentist tomorrow - should be fun!

Message for Le Fasset - pushing the wheelbarrow is not difficult, thinking about pushing the wheel barrow is.