Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pre race briefing (London triathlon)

So here we are, the Ramada hotel in the docklands and race day tomorrow!

The scale of this triathlon is immense. There's a huge indoor
transition and the bike leg includes an indoor uphill section!

I am racked, I am hydrated, I am tired and ready to go. Pasta and
mineral water for dinner and day spent mostly in the car mean physical
prep is ok even if in the last two weeks work has meant I have hardly
trained.

I have a race strategy in mind and building on experience of two tris
already this year need to kick in the run. I have not had a change of
pace and considering I am nominally a runner that's a little depressing.

Stoddy has just textedit me and apparently has had a couple of beets
tonight. Excellent, hopefully that combined with the skinful and
hangover from last weekend will slow him down.

Or will I rue those words!