Monday, February 20, 2017

You're not being stalked by Stephen Hawking...

I was out running on Friday evening, a couple of miles through Cox's Meadow and Sandford Park in Cheltenham. I was with the dog so it was easy pace and just a leg stretcher. As I rehab from injury running with the dog keeps my pace down and means I take more walk breaks as I inevitably need to wait for her or chivvy her along. On Friday I was using Strava on my iPhone as my Garmin Fenix was out of charge (I had left it trying to synch all night).

I had my phone in my flip belt recording the run. What I had forgotten was that Strava speaks to you. So at mile 1 I jumped out of my skin as my phone told me, at full volume, I had run a mile at whatever pace I had. We continued to run and as we made our way back towards the car we closed in on a couple of lady runners. As we got within maybe 3 metres of them it coincidentally was mile 2. My phone started talking, loudly.

The two female runners jumped!

I apologised and said it was ok they weren't being chased by Stephen Hawking. I thought it was funny but i'm not sure they laughed or not so we just ran past them and onwards to the end of our run..